ZOHO INFLATION SPREADHSEET

Monday, August 6, 2012

SQL Queries and Graphs

1.. This Query Table shows the sales in areas where sales were greater than $2000.

It labels them in the region and which products were purchased. This will allow managers to be able to see where the bulk of their sales are coming from.

I used the example given to us and then changed the ending limit to 2000.

SELECT "Product Category","Region","Product","Sales" FROM "Sales" WHERE "Region"='East' AND "Sales">2000

https://reports.zoho.com/ZDBDataSheetView.cc?OBJID=794442000000008019&STANDALONE=true&ZDB_THEME_NAME=blue&DATATYPESYMBOL=false&REMTOOLBAR=true&SEARCHBOX=true&SHOWHIDEOPT=true

2. In this report I used

SELECT "Region", "Customer Name", "Date", "Profit"
FROM "Sales" WHERE "Product Category" = 'Furniture' AND "Profit" >1500
ORDER BY Region

This allowed me to find the date in which people were buying the most furniture and where the profit was above 1500. This allows me to

https://reports.zoho.com/ZDBDataSheetView.cc?OBJID=794442000000008122&STANDALONE=true&ZDB_THEME_NAME=blue&DATATYPESYMBOL=false&REMTOOLBAR=true&SEARCHBOX=true&SHOWHIDEOPT=true


3. Here is the same Report but with the profit raised to 3000 to show big ticket items.

SELECT "Region", "Customer Name", "Date", "Profit"
FROM "Sales" WHERE "Product Category" = 'Furniture' AND "Profit" >3000
ORDER BY Region

https://reports.zoho.com/ZDBDataSheetView.cc?OBJID=794442000000008224&STANDALONE=true&ZDB_THEME_NAME=blue&DATATYPESYMBOL=false&REMTOOLBAR=true&SEARCHBOX=true&SHOWHIDEOPT=true

This allows store owners to find the biggest ticket items, and which ones were popular. Thus attention can be paid to these items to ensure their sale and to track their popularity over time.

Here is a link of a graph from the SQL reports based on Profit over time.

https://reports.zoho.com/ZDBDataSheetView.cc?OBJID=794442000000008346&STANDALONE=true&ZDB_THEME_NAME=blue&REMTOOLBAR=true&INCLUDETITLE=true&INCLUDEDESC=true

This allows users to see overall profit and if we are meeting the standards of previous years. According this chart, we are not. We are slightly under since 2008 but higher than 2009.


HOW I DID IT


  1. I logged onto ZOHO
  2. Watched the video on how to create SQL query reports.
  3. I copied and pasted the link from the example and changed the parameters to give the query new results.
  4. I labeled the changes and noted their outcome.
  5. I stated the benefits of these changes to users of SQL reports
  6. I saved the queries
  7. I shared them here.
  8. Then I saved them onto my blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TeaCafe Spreadsheet

ZOHO Report

How many of you like my new poll gadget?